Please find below the required documentation:
- Expired Brazilian Passport.
- Two (2) Passport Application Form properly filled out and signed (download)
- Sign on line 18 of the application form;
- Signature must be notarized in case the applicant cannot personally go to the Consulate;
- If the applicant is under 18 years of age, both parents must sign the application form or, if such is the case, the legal guardian (in this case please provide copy of legal guardianship certificate) must sign for the minor.
- Send an extra signed applicatioon form without Notarization.
- Three (3) Identical Passport Size Photos, size 2"x3" (5x7 cm), in Color or Black and White
- Photos must have a light background, preferably white;
- Photos must be front view, must show entire face and must have been taken within the past three (3) months.
- Original Document that certifies to Brazilian citizenship of applicant
- When applying for a new passport, the previous passport should be included, which will be returned after being cancelled;
- When passport was stolen, lost or destroyed, either a Brazilian ID, a Birth Certificate, a Marriage Certificate, or for males only, a Military Service/Discharge Certificate;
- For a first passport, for a minor, born in the USA. The USA Birth Certificate, or the registration of Birth Certificate issued by a Brazilian Consular office together with a document that certifies to the Brazilian citizenship of one of the parents.
- Where there has been a change of name or civil status, the original certifying document or a copy notarized by a Brazilian Consular office must be provided.
- For male Brazilians between the ages of 18 and 45, certification that they are complying with the Military Service duties (Military Registration Certificate, Reservist Card or Discharge Certificate).
- Completed Credit Card Authorization Form.
- Prepaid Return Envelope (FedEx, UPS, Airborne Express or DHL) or an Additional Fee will be Charged to the Final Bill.
Please overnight the above documentation to :
Attn: William Robinson (281-558-7478)
1146 Enclave Sq. W
Houston, TX 77077
For further information, regarding Brazilian Passports, please visit the Houston Consulate's homepage.
Houston Jurisdiction: Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas. Call our office to locate the Brazilian Consulate near you.